Pimento Cheese Dip with Sriracha Pecans
Sweet and spicy sriracha pecans add some fabulous crunch to pimento cheese dip. This crowd-pleasing, Southern staple is having a renaissance these days and after one bite you will understand why. This dip can be made ahead will be ready and waiting when hungry (and soon to be happy!) guests arrive.
Yield: Serves 4-6
- 1 cup pecans
- 1½ tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1½ Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. flavorless oil, like canola
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the ingredients for the pecans together and spread on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, keeping a close eye on the pecans, which can burn easily.
- Remove and allow to cool before chopping into pieces for the dip.
- 1 jar (4 oz.) chopped pimentos
- 2 cups shredded block sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 oz. ) cream cheese
- ½ cups mayonnaise
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce
- Combine the dip ingredients together.
- Mix in blender or food processor until blended.
- Stir in chopped sriracha pecans.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or cut veggies.